Even if you’re not in the market for a complete kitchen remodel, it is still nice to keep up with trends to give the most popular room in your home a facelift. Check out some of the most popular trends in kitchen remodeling that our designer has been noticing so far this year.
- Grey Cabinets are Taking Over – Although white cabinets continue to be the most popular choice when it comes to kitchen cabinetry, the kitchen industry’s leading manufacturers say that grey is the shade they’re betting on to break white’s top spot.
- High Contrast – Black and white kitchens have always been popular, and even though styles change and evolve, the appeal of the high contrast between black and white remains. Using black hardware with white cabinets, or a black countertop with white cabinets will help you achieve this high contrast look that will continue to remain in style for years to come.
- Colorful Sinks – Kitchen sinks are trending away from the traditional white or stainless steel and heading into the more bold direction with a pop of color. A colorful sink is a great way to add a pop of color in a more neutral kitchen or make it more of a focal point by using the same color in the backsplash. We carry Schock sinks which are handmade in Germany and feature these bright colors that other manufacturers do not offer.
- Bold Fixtures – Bright colors are not the only way to achieve a bold look in your kitchen. We are noticing the use of oversized light fixtures to add some drama in a room with a typical low ceiling.
- Maximize Storage Space – Kitchen storage space is always an issue. Cabinet manufacturers, such as Showplace, have introduced multi-tiered drawers in order to maximize storage space for all of your kitchen needs. This keeps things tucked away nicely while also maintaining order in your life.
- New Colors for Quartz – Quartz is becoming increasingly popular due to its higher durability compared to granite. Quartz is scratch resistant, does not require maintenance, and does not absorb moisture the way granite does due to its nonporous qualities. This alternative to granite is also offered in a vast array of color options. We offer Silestone, Cambria, and Caesarstone quartz – who just recently introduced a line of six neutral colors.
- Farmhouse Sinks – Farmhouse, or Apron-front, sinks have never gone out of style and we are continuing to see home owners requesting them for their kitchen remodel. They are deep enough to hold large pots and platters for easier cleanup, and also add a focal point to your kitchen.
- Contemporary Aesthetic – Using flat-front wood cabinets update the feeling of your kitchen immediately and give this room a more modern feel. We are also seeing the use of architectural lines with appliances to update the aesthetic in the kitchen.
Stop by our showroom today to learn more about making your kitchen the room of your dreams!